Volunteer with us
Our friendly team consists of a Discovery Centre Manager and a group of dedicated volunteers. Our volunteers are at the heart of the Centre. They engage with visitors and guide them in their exploration of the Discovery Centre and through it West Bay.
Volunteers are crucial to the Centre’s sucess. We actively encourage volunteers to explore the varied opportunities we have at the Discovery Centre. We listen and share their ideas on how the Centre can develop as an excellent and popular attraction.
There are so many ways to be involved, volunteer opportunities include:
- Stewards to provide a warm and friendly welcome and ensure visitors have an enjoyable visit.
- Leading our short guided tours around West Bay
- Assist with providing activities for children and school parties and inspire young people
- Help in developing and creating new exhibitions
- Marketing, publicity and graphic design
- Fundraising and events planning
- Maintaining volunteer register
- Computer skills
- Other ad hoc tasks
Your involvement as a volunteer at the Centre will not only be valuable and interesting but an opportunity to work alongside like-minded people and make new friends. It can also enhance opportunities for employment by developing new skills (we’ll support you in this). If you share our passion of West Bay and can spare a few hours each week or less frequently, please get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!