Volunteer with us
Our friendly team consists of a Discovery Centre Manager and a group of dedicated volunteers. The volunteers are at the heart of our Centre engaging with visitors and guiding them in their exploration of the Discovery Centre and through it West Bay.
Your help is important to us and we will actively encourage volunteers to explore the varied volunteer opportunities we have at the Discovery Centre and share ideas with us in developing the Centre into an excellent and popular attraction.
There are so many ways that you can be involved, volunteer opportunities include:
- Stewards to provide a warm and friendly welcome and ensure visitors have an enjoyable visit.
- Leading our short guided tours around West Bay
- Assist with providing activities for children and school parties and inspire young people
- Help in developing and creating new exhibitions
- Marketing, publicity and graphic design
- Fundraising and events planning
- Maintaining volunteer register
- Computer skills
- Other ad hoc tasks
Your experience as a volunteer at the Centre will not only be valuable and interesting but an opportunity to work alongside like-minded people and make new friends. It will also enhance opportunities for employment by developing new skills (we’ll support you in this). If you share our passion of West Bay and can spare a few hours each week or less frequently, please get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you!