Know before you go COVID-19 precautions
We look forward to welcoming you to West Bay Discovery Centre! The health and safety of our guests, staff and volunteers are always our number one priority. To keep everyone safe, we’ve introduced a number of additional hygiene and safety measures, which you’ll see in place when you next visit:
- Providing anti-bacterial hand-gel as you enter the Centre.
- The wearing of face masks is required inside the building.
- A one-way route through the building.
- Clear physical distance marking on the floor inside the Centre.
- Limiting the number of people allowed inside the Centre.
- Frequent cleaning of touchpoints throughout the Centre.
- Contactless payments preferred.
- Windows and doors will be left open to provide adequate ventilation.
- Following recent Government guidance, NHS Test and Trace will no longer be a legal requirement upon entry to the Centre. We will still continue to display the QR code for visitors checking in using the NHS COVID-19 app.
- All our touch points and interactives are now available to visitors.
We’re delighted to be awarded the Visit England ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry charter mark. This verifies that we meet the Government and public health guidance on COVID-19 and that we have all the required health and safety processes in place to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Please be patient with us as we adapt to these new ways of working and help us by following our guidelines to keep everyone safe. We have temporarily removed, adapted or replaced some of our touch interactives to make your visit safer. Interactives that are still available to use are cleaned regularly.
Thank you – we look forward to your visit.
If you have any symptoms do not visit
Should you start displaying any of the symptoms of COVID-19 please refrain from visiting
- A high temperature
- A new persistent cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Respect, protect and enjoy West Bay
West Bay is located in an amazing landscape with a picturesque harbour, stunning cliffs, shingle beaches and countryside and coastal walks for you to enjoy.
Most of West Bay businesses are now open although COVID-19 Restrictions will apply.
If there are any changes to the current regulations from the Government we will review and react to the recommendations promptly.